One Bowl Chocolate Cake
This one bowl chocolate cake is made with olive oil and it is moist, delicious, and easy to make. It takes under 15 minutes to put together.
Chocolate cake is my favorite cake. Hands down. I like it fudgy Chocolate Fudge Cake, I like it layered with dulce de leche Chocolate & Dulce De Leche Cake. I also love an easy chocolate cake recipe like this one: no mess, done in under 15 minutes (prepping the ingredients included!), ready for any occasion. Versatile, easy, delicious. I hope you like it too.
What will you need to make this chocolate cake?
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Cacao powder
- Baking soda
- 1 bowl
- Loaf cake pan
- Rubber spatula
How to make one bowl chocolate cake?
Making this chocolate olive oil cake is super easy. All you must do is add the ingredients to a bowl in a certain order, then transfer to a greased and floured cake pan and bake!
- Using a whisk, mix the milk, vinegar, and egg.
- Add the oil while whisking at the same time to incorporate.
- Then add the sugar and mix it in. Followed by the sifted flour.
- Finally add the cacao, baking soda and salt and whisk until there are no more visible lumps.
- Transfer to cake pan and bake until set. About 45 minutes.
That is, it! Probably longer to read the recipe than to make it.
- Make sure to butter and flour your cake pan.
- This recipe calls for a 500 g loaf cake pan (20 cm long, 8 cm wide).
- If you use a bigger loaf cake pan, make sure to double the recipe.
- You can also use a Bundt cake pan or a regular cake pan.
- Do not open the oven until the loaf has grown nicely. About 40 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, insert and skewer or a knife at the center. If it comes out dry, it means it is ready!
- Unmold immediately after you remove from the oven. Let cool down on a wire rack at room temperature.
Freezing this one bowl chocolate cake
This cake freezes splendidly. Let it cool down and wrap in plastic wrap twice. Transfer to the freezer. It keeps for a month.
To defrost: let it sit on the kitchen counter, wrapped, overnight.
Chocolate Cake Frosting Ideas
I kept it amazingly simple here, just dusting the cake with some cacao powder. However, if you are looking for some frosting ideas, here are some:
If you made this recipe I would really appreciate it if you leave a rating or comment below! Also, if you share on social media please use #cookwithbelula, I would love to see what you create!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
Nutrition: 290 cal
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 165 C°. butter and flour your mold.
- 2. Mix the vinegar and milk.
- 3. Whisk in the eggs.
- 4. Add the oil whisking at the same time.
- 5. Add the sugar and mix until incorporated.
- 6. Add the sifted flour and mix well.
- 7. Finally add the sifted cacao, salt and baking soda and mix until the batter is smooth and there are no more lumps.
- 8. Bake for about 40/45 minutes. Insert a skewer or knife at the centre of the cake to make sure is cooked through.