White Chocolate Cranberry Curd Tart with Almond Crust
This cranberry curd tart is made with a flaky almond shortbread crust, filled with tangy lemon crud and topped with white chocolate ganache and fresh cranberries.
This cranberry curd tart is made with a homemade flaky shortbread crust, filled with a tangy and delicious cranberry curd and topped with whipped chocolate ganache and fresh cranberries. This cranberry tart is a beautiful dessert that can be made in advance and assembled at the last minute. Ideal for the busy holiday season!
- Almond crust: you can get a homemade recipe with all the tips and tricks here.
- Cranberry Curd: you can find a detailed explanation with step-by-step photos and notes to make the best curd here.
- Fresh Cranberries: to make the cranberry curd!
- White chocolate ganache: you can find a detailed explanation with all the tips to success here.
How to make this recipe
To make this cranberry curd tart, you simply must assembly all the elements together.
- Make the almond crust, line the tart tin, and bake it.
- Make the white chocolate ganache and refrigerate overnight
- Make the cranberry curd.
- Fill the baked almond crust tart shell with the curd and refrigerate overnight.
- Whip the white chocolate ganache and top the cranberry curd tart.
- The cranberry curd you can either make it when ready to assemble the tart and then fill the tart shell directly with it or you can make it ahead of time and fill the tart when you are ready.
- If you make the curd ahead of time, when filling the tart shell use a small spatula to evenly distribute it.
- Whip the white chocolate ganache using a paddle attachment. Stay close so you can remove when it has formed stiff peaks.
- Make sure the cranberry curd has properly set before topping the tart with the white chocolate ganache.
- You can use a piping bag with a piping tip (the one you like best) to decorate the tart with the ganache. Or you can simply spread it using the back of a spoon or a small spatula.
To make this cranberry curd tart extra, you can brush the curd with a light syrup to give it a beautiful glossy look before piping out the white chocolate ganache (see https://www.cookwithbelula.com/en/recipe/alsatian-kugelhopf-bread.
Once assembled this cranberry curd tart must refrigerated. It keeps for up to 3 days.
You can freeze the tart without the white chocolate ganache. Once the tart shell has been filled with the cranberry curd, let it set in the refrigerator. Then cover in saran wrap, place in a freezer bag or container. It keeps for up to 1 month.
To defrost: place in the refrigerator overnight, then top with the white chocolate ganache and enjoy!
- This tart is perfect to make over a couple of days if you don't have the time to do it all in one go!
- The almond crust can be made up to 3 days in advance, kept wrapped in the refrigerator.
- The cranberry crud keeps for up to 2 weeks stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The white chocolate ganache can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours before whipping it up.
Variations to this recipe
You can add candied oranges over the white chocolate ganache for decoration.
You can remove the white chocolate ganache from this recipe if you are not a fan! In this case, brush the curd with a light syrup once it has set to make it shine. You can add toasted pine nuts around the edges of the tart to make it beautiful.
The ingredients used in all recipes on this site are measured using the metric system. I use a scale
to be precise with my measurements and ensure good results. If you would also like to use a scale, here are some: USA
Subscribe to the newsletter
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Nutrition: 337 cal
Almond Shortbread Crust
(the peel of 1 orange)
Whipped White chocolate Ganache
Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1. Make the white chocolate ganache: Melt the white chocolate and set aside. Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil and pour over the melted chocolate mixing constantly. Whisk until the ganache is smooth and all the chocolate is melted. Whisk in the butter. Transfer to an airtight container, cover with saran wrap (it should be touching the ganache), close the container and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Roll out and bake the almond crust: Roll out the almond crust to 4-5 mm. Butter the tart tin and line it with the almond crust. Cut out the extra dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pinch the bottom of the crust using a fork and line the inside of the tin with parchment paper. Fill with pie weights or beans and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the paper and pie weights and continue to bake until golden. Remove the almond crust from the tin and let it cool down at room temperature over a wire rack.
- 3. Make the cranberry curd: Bring the orange juice, orange peel and fresh cranberries to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Puree the mixture using an immersion blender and press trough a fine sieve mesh. Set aside. Cream the yolks and the sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and has doubled in volume. Place the half the butter and the cranberry puree and bring to a boil. Mix in the egg yolk/sugar mixture and cook the cranberry curd until it has thickened, to 85 C° (185 F°).
- 4. Assemble the cranberry curd tart: Place the almond crust tart shell on a serving plate. Fill the tart shell with the cranberry curd and spread evenly using a spatula if necessary. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Decorate the cranberry curd tart: Once the cranberry curd has completely set and cold, remove the white chocolate ganache from the refrigerator and place in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment whip the ganache until it has formed stiff peaks. Prepare a piping with a piping tip and fill with the white chocolate ganache. Cover the cranberry curd tart with small white chocolate ganache kisses. Top with sugared cranberries and enjoy!
If you made this recipe I would really appreciate it if you leave a rating or comment below! Also, if you share on social media please use #cookwithbelula, I would love to see what you create!